Naturally Colored and Naturally Plant Dyed Wool, Fiber and Fur

“Only he can understand what a farm is, what a country is, who shall have sacrificed part of himself to his farm or country, fought to save it, struggled to make it beautiful. Only then will the love of farm or country fill his heart.“ Antoine de Sainte-Exupery (1900-1944);(1900 1944); Aviator, Writer

Friday, February 20, 2009

Phebruary PhatFiber Samples Arrived Yesterday!

I got my Phatfiber Sampler Box Yesterday and the first thing I dove into (after the fudge) was a pretty little blended batt from Extreme Spinning called Chocolate Kisses and boy was it sweet!

So tempting, that I stayed up way late so I could get to it. It was chocolate brown and pink to hot pink superwash wool and angelina. I spun it up thick and thin and plied with a sportweight single of my natural dyed Cherry Mohair and look how pretty it turned out! Such a lovely little tag too.

Then I heard a few rumors about a ginormous batt that I missed out on (I hate to miss out) from Giffordables, I sped over there and bought a couple of their Be Mine Valentine Batts - I hope they will coordinate, I have a plan......now I just need time.

No comments: