Naturally Colored and Naturally Plant Dyed Wool, Fiber and Fur

“Only he can understand what a farm is, what a country is, who shall have sacrificed part of himself to his farm or country, fought to save it, struggled to make it beautiful. Only then will the love of farm or country fill his heart.“ Antoine de Sainte-Exupery (1900-1944);(1900 1944); Aviator, Writer

Monday, February 16, 2009

Another sample from the PhatFiber January Box

This sample roving was marked Pebbles in a Stream with a lovely card picturing an victorian designed angora rabbit on the front, but I can not match up any vendors to know who this is from - someone HELP! It was a lovely little angora wool blend bump that came in my January PhatFiber sampler Box.

Anyway, I spun this up in a thick and thin and it was really nice to work with, easy to spin and I loved how it turned out.






Then, since I have such a wacked personality, I can not simply leave it alone, I have to keep going so I decided to throw it into my current dye pot and got a fantastic color it is somewhere between my tobacco roving and my earthy roving.




Now I anxiously await my February Box.......to see if I can add something to it and make a hat.............its so fun to play with other kid's toys!

No comments: